- 4-5 ounce tuna steaks
- 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of canola oil (for searing tuna steak)
- 1 medium butternut squash – peeled & chopped into ½ inch cubes
- 5 parsnips, peeled & chopped into ½ inch cubes
- 1 yellow squash, chopped into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tbsp of Chef Nigel’s Passion Fruit Habanero Sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper (half for tuna and the other half for vegetables)
- 1 tsp salt (half for tuna and the other half for vegetables)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ nutmeg
Instructions for Tuna Steak:
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the tuna steak and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add canola oil, and make sure your pan is very hot.
- Add tuna to hot pan and sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- After searing on both sides, remove from heat and brush both sides with Chef Nigel’s Passion Fruit Habanero sauce.
Instructions for Roasted Fall Vegetables:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, toss butternut squash, parsnips, yellow squash and zucchini with olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix well.
- Place the butternut squash and parsnips on one baking pan, and the yellow squash and zucchini on another (the roasting time is different).
- Roast vegetables until tender and golden brown – about 20-30 min for yellow squash and zucchini and about 45 min-1 hour for butternut squash and parsnip.
- For plating, place some of the vegetables on the plate first and add your glazed tuna on top. You can brush a bit more of the passion fruit on top, and sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley for garnish.