Perfect for all those fall ~vibes~, this Granny Smith apple salad is a great appetizer, side dish, or light lunch!
Recipe yields 6 to 8 servings!
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
Ingredients for Salad:
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 2 granny smith apples (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- Freshly cracked black pepper (for serving)
- To prepare the dressing, combine vinegar, oil, water, dijon, shallot, and honey in a blender, and blend until completely smooth. Set aside to let the flavors meld while you assemble the salad.
- Combine mixed greens, slice granny smith apple, cranberries, almonds, and gorgonzola, and toss well.
- Dress the salad about 15 minutes before you plan on serving it. You don’t want to add the dressing too far in advance, or the mixed greens could get too soggy. Toss everything well, and serve with cracked black pepper, if desired.
- You can make this salad and dressing up to 48 hours in advance, as long as you don’t pour the dressing over the salad until just before serving. Any leftover dressing can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.