Bring some of those warm day vibes back with this light, unique, and delicious salad!
- 1 Pack of Mesclun Mix Salad
- 2 oranges – peeled, pits removed, and cut into segments or 1 can of mandarin Orange In liquid
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup granny smith apples
- ½ red onion slices thin
- 1 cup candied walnuts
- ½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola blue cheese
Orange Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1 small shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh orange juice or concentrated orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions (for orange vinaigrette):
- Place shallot, garlic, orange juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, mustard, and honey in the blender.
- Blend until the shallot is very finely chopped.
- Slowly blend in olive oil.
- Transfer to a storage jar and keep refrigerated.
Directions (for salad):
- Combine Mesclun, oranges, strawberries, apples, red onion, candied walnuts and
- Gorgonzola cheese in a bowl.
- Drizzle orange vinaigrette dressing over salad and toss to coat.